Bringing community organizations together to coordinate and share resources.
What is the Simi Valley Community Council (SVCC)?
The Simi Valley Community Council (SVCC) was established in the December 1970. The objective of the SVCC is to bring together organizations, agencies and individuals to:
- encourage the voluntary cooperation of its members in making the community a better place to live.
- encourage community interest in member organizations, agencies, non-profits, and individuals.
- assist and coordinate their work and activities for community betterment.
- eliminate duplication of services.
Membership consists of tax-supported agencies, volunteer organizations, service clubs, businesses, and interested individuals from the greater Simi Valley Area. The annual dues are $20.00 for membership from July through June.
SVCC meets on the second Thursday of the month from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm to provide a forum for members to discuss community issues, organizational needs, share experiences and promote upcoming events in order to strengthen and improve conditions which will benefit the community. Each meeting features a guest speaker who provides information relevant to the interests of its members.
October 14th – Suzette Martinez Valladares, Assembly Member (AD-38)
Assembly Member Suzette Martinez Valladares (AD-38) will talk about her current work in the Assembly and on her committees. She is member of various committees and we expect to get updates on her work as Vice-Chair of the Committee On Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism, & Internet Media and as a member of the Joint Committee On The Arts.
November 18th – Dan Paranick, Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District
Dan Paranick, the general manager of Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District will speak on the history and current status of the District as they commemorate its 60th anniversary.
December 9th – Christmas Carolers from a local high school (tentative)
Meetings held in-person
11:30 am PST- Meet and Greet
12:00 pm PST- Meeting Starts
How to Attend
Live and in person
Posada Royale Hotel
1775 Madera Road, Simi Valley
Reserve a seat with Kat Shepherd, email@example.com.
Everyone welcome! Seating is limited.
Questions about membership
Email Kat Shepherd, VP of Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Joining SVCC
Monthly meetings with informative speakers
- Exposure in the community
- Support from other non-profits
- Promote upcoming events
- Learn about different non-profit organizations in the community
- Information to help determine where to spend charitable dollars
- Network with community leaders