Bringing community organizations together to coordinate and share resources.
What is the Simi Valley Community Council (SVCC)?
The Simi Valley Community Council (SVCC) was established in the December 1970. The objective of the SVCC is to bring together organizations, agencies and individuals to:
- encourage the voluntary cooperation of its members in making the community a better place to live.
- encourage community interest in member organizations, agencies, non-profits, and individuals.
- assist and coordinate their work and activities for community betterment.
- eliminate duplication of services.
Membership consists of tax-supported agencies, volunteer organizations, service clubs, businesses, and interested individuals from the greater Simi Valley Area. The annual dues are $20.00 for membership from July through June.
SVCC meets on the second Thursday of the month from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm to provide a forum for members to discuss community issues, organizational needs, share experiences and promote upcoming events in order to strengthen and improve conditions which will benefit the community. Each meeting features a guest speaker who provides information relevant to the interests of its members.
May 13th – Jennifer Swenson, President of Simi Valley Adventist Hospital
Meetings held via Zoom
11:30 am PST- Networking
12:00 pm PST- Meeting Starts
May Speaker Summary
Jennifer Swenson will be speaking on new programs and a COVID update.
Questions about membership
Email Kat Shepherd, VP of Membership at email@example.com.
Benefits of Joining SVCC
Monthly meetings with informative speakers
- Exposure in the community
- Support from other non-profits
- Promote upcoming events
- Learn about different non-profit organizations in the community
- Information to help determine where to spend charitable dollars
- Network with community leaders